FOR YOUR SAFETY DURING COVID-19
The team at Encinitas Perio took early precautions to avoid spreading the corona virus. Just as HIV in the 80’s prompted additions to our safety protocols, so has the novel Corona Virus.
This is a growing list of what we are doing for your safety:
- First and foremost, as with any infectious disease, we try to avoid treating patients that are currently sick.
- Prior to appointments we phone interview patients for symptoms.
- We meet patients at their car to take their temperature, using a no touch laser thermometer.
- While social distancing is still in place, we have patients and family members wait in their cars rather than sitting in our reception area.
- Additional barriers are in place.
- Sterile wipes are now being used in all treatment areas such as bathrooms and reception area.
- Reduction of droplet splatter, (aerosol reduction) is a priority during all dental procedures.